Romana's Pilates Videos

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 bokfukata

bokfukata

• Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:21 PM

The bottom line for me was that I expected so much more from a $150 set of Romana's Apparatus DVDs. It sounded so promising. There's some good stuff as I mentioned in my review but overall I was disappointed. As others have said, good editing could have made a world of difference.

#42 Tom Floyd

Tom Floyd

• Administrators
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:21 PM

Oh, and I, too, set myself up for criticism if not ridicule. Lynda (PilatesTCI) has called me to task on things I wrote in the past and made helpful corrections. Lynda, I took it well, didn't I?

By the way, Klery, I made a modest little video. It's here for free viewing in the Video Downloads forum. Definitely, I set myself up for criticism, though I haven't seen any yet. You or Daria are welcome to poke holes in it and point out the imperfections. I admit my Bicycle is not perfect, as I have issues with leg extension. No doubt a keen eye will find imperfections everywhere. But I can say this: it is worth the every cent I charge for it!

I'm not the only one who claims that is not true with the DVDs your organization markets.

Tom

Tom Floyd

#43 Klery Fox

Klery Fox

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (PilatesTCI @ Mar 27 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"You're comments specific to Daria are completely out of line and at best provide a full view to your absolute immaturity, perhaps you have an alternate agenda or axe to grind here? Couldn't help but notice you don't disclose your full name or contact information in this forum. Please feel free to stop by True Pilates New York any day of the week and Daria will be happy to outshine you."

Klery, this is not a popularity contest but a Forum where we all get to come ask questions, answer questions, hopefully learn something, and sometimes just vent! We come from different backgrounds and different certifications. Some of us still hold somewhat of a grudge from the trademark lawsuit years and feel like the more open we all are the better.

If you don't agree with Tom's DVD review (and keep in mind that a REVIEW is a personal opinion piece and you will not always agree) why don't you tell us why instead of personally attacking Tom? Disagreement is a sign of "absolute immaturity"? Please.

I am confused about something here, how exactly am I personally attacking Tom? I did not call him names, criticize his capabilities or cackle that he find an alternate career path like he did with Daria. I simply expressed my disagreement with his review and that I felt such comments were out of line and demonstrated a lack of maturity on his part. Am I not entitled to vent as well? I respect and do not need to be lectured that this is an open forum and we live in a free country and so on and so forth, but clearly we all have the right to respond equally and directly. Let's call it and see it for what it is. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to think here, I'm confident the members of this forum are more than capable of forming their own opinion about it all.

Klery Fox
Business Manager, Romana's Pilates

#44 reinbeau

reinbeau

• Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Klery Fox @ Mar 27 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am confused about something here, how exactly am I personally attacking Tom? I did not call him names, criticize his capabilities or cackle that he find an alternate career path like he did with Daria. I simply expressed my disagreement with his review and that I felt such comments were out of line and demonstrated a lack of maturity on his part. Am I not entitled to vent as well? I respect and do not need to be lectured that this is an open forum and we live in a free country and so on and so forth, but clearly we all have the right to respond equally and directly. Let's call it and see it for what it is. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to think here, I'm confident the members of this forum are more than capable of forming their own opinion about it all.

Klery Fox

The problem is you questioned him, implying that he was some anonymous poster who was taking uncalled for shots. It's opinion. You are entitled to voice yours, too, but you've come on like gangbusters defending the Romana name, rather than really considering what's been said. As for questioning his maturity, that was totally out of line, there was nothing immature about his review.

Having studied Classical Pilates now for eight years, via a variety of instructors (always back to my three mainstays), I've seen enough of the Pilates world and the politics to be able to form my own educated opinion, and I have no problem sharing it. Read what people have said here and consider it, don't just react, consider that there may be some truth and guidance in it.
- Ann, Peak Pilates Certified Classical Instructor, student forever!

#45 Klery Fox

Klery Fox

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (bokfukata @ Mar 27 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The bottom line for me was that I expected so much more from a $150 set of Romana's Apparatus DVDs. It sounded so promising. There's some good stuff as I mentioned in my review but overall I was disappointed. As others have said, good editing could have made a world of difference.

We agree with many of your comments regarding the Apparatus series you purchased. I think it is important Romana’s Pilates® shed some light on the trials and tribulations we’ve experienced regarding this video product specifically.

To whom it may concern, in early 2003 Romana’s Pilates® entered into an arrangement with Gratz Pilates, who concurrently entered into an arrangement with Alternative Scenario, LLC, for the purposes of producing two series of Pilates instructional content using video based media format. At a later date a video product titled “Romana on Pilates, The Legacy Edition – The Definitive Apparatus Series from Romana Kryzanowska” was released for sale. It is vital to note that said video product was never approved for release or subsequent distribution by Romana’s Pilates®, Gratz Pilates or Basil Belcher. Also, it recently came to our attention said video product is being marketed in Pilates Style magazine despite combined efforts over the past two years to block its release and subsequent distribution. Such efforts were undertaken because Romana’s Pilates® documented and formally communicated many concerns regarding said video product during the course of several quality reviews we performed, which resulted in numerous requests to correct issues concerning cover art, graphics, menus, exercise names, editing, voice overlays and footage displayed and heard. Despite joint, vocal and written communication by Romana’s Pilates®, Gratz Pilates and Basil Belcher, the production company (Alternative Scenario, LLC) decided to sell these products without express approval. This is a troubling situation to be involved with and we continue to explore legal remedies available to us regarding all of this. We also wish to thank Gratz Pilates and Basil Belcher specifically for legal efforts they undertook at great cost and effort. We were also recently informed that in some cases individuals who are processing and fulfilling orders for said video product requested customers make their checks payable to Romana’s Pilates, which were subsequently cleared. As a result, we believe strong likelihood exists that confusion is being caused by focusing on the question of whether the purchasing public will mistakenly assume that the applicant's goods originate from the same source as, or are associated with, the goods associated with our registered service mark “Romana’s Pilates®”. There are many legal reasons to support this point of view in US trademark law, including:

1. The similarity or dissimilarity of the marks in their entireties as to appearance, sound, connotation, and commercial impression.
2. The similarity or dissimilarity and nature of the goods . . . described in an application or registration or in connection with which a prior mark is in use.
3. The similarity or dissimilarity of established, likely-to-continue trade channels.
4. The conditions under which and buyers to whom sales are made, i.e. "impulse" vs. careful, sophisticated purchasing.
5. The number and nature of similar marks in use on similar goods.
6. The nature and extent of any actual confusion.
7. The market interface between the applicant and the owner of a prior mark . . . .
8. The extent to which applicant has a right to exclude others from use of its mark on its goods.
9. The extent of potential confusion . . . .

After reviewing postings in this very forum it is even clearer to us that such confusion is already taking place. Based on our experience regarding this matter our current opinion is that the activities detailed above do not represent good faith business practices or behavior. Additionally, no expectation can be currently made that any royalties or related remittances will ever be made to Romana Kryzanowska, Romana’s Pilates® and/or Gratz Pilates despite contractual obligations to do exactly that.

We recently completed related research regarding this matter and are currently communicating what we learned during these activities to those interested parties who may have purchased said video product. As a consumer it is important to note that you have rights and recourse via the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”), as well as dedicated state and local authorities. The FTC has made it easy for consumers to report a suspected fraud. The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit www.ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The line is staffed by counselors from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. The FTC enters fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad. In addition to the above, the FTC website also has links to numerous state and local authorities focused on similar complaint vehicles and enforcement remedies. When filing a complaint you also have recourse via jurisdictions managed by state and local authorities specific to where the organization you are dealing with is physically located and/or the product was shipped from.

In addition to any receipts, addresses or organizational information you received when making your purchase, should you require any additional documentation concerning this matter we are more than happy to assist you. All we ask is that you provide adequate documentation and a brief statement to support your purchase experience so that we can validate that you’ve been truly impacted by this matter as well as provide pertinent information to support any complaints you wish to submit to the appropriate authorities as an interested party. Attached to this posting includes some general information obtained during the course of our research, specifically the scanned image of the Pilates Style magazine advertisement. Due to file size constraints in this forum architecture we will add a secondary reply to this posting with additional information including but not limited to FTC consumer protection information, as well as valuable sample documentation and “how to” information obtained from state and local consumer protection authorities in the state of California. Although we do not possess a current address for the location at which such product orders are being processed or fulfilled, our understanding is that this is likely being carried out by Alternative Scenario, LLC in or near Los Angeles, California. Please don’t hesitate to contact us regarding this or other matters at anytime using (212) 765-2166 or service@romanaspilates.com. Thanks to all for your understanding and ongoing support, best regards.

Klery Fox

Attached Files

#46 Klery Fox

Klery Fox

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Klery Fox @ Mar 28 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We agree with many of your comments regarding the Apparatus series you purchased. I think it is important Romana’s Pilates® shed some light on the trials and tribulations we’ve experienced regarding this video product specifically.

To whom it may concern, in early 2003 Romana’s Pilates® entered into an arrangement with Gratz Pilates, who concurrently entered into an arrangement with Alternative Scenario, LLC, for the purposes of producing two series of Pilates instructional content using video based media format. At a later date a video product titled “Romana on Pilates, The Legacy Edition – The Definitive Apparatus Series from Romana Kryzanowska” was released for sale. It is vital to note that said video product was never approved for release or subsequent distribution by Romana’s Pilates®, Gratz Pilates or Basil Belcher. Also, it recently came to our attention said video product is being marketed in Pilates Style magazine despite combined efforts over the past two years to block its release and subsequent distribution. Such efforts were undertaken because Romana’s Pilates® documented and formally communicated many concerns regarding said video product during the course of several quality reviews we performed, which resulted in numerous requests to correct issues concerning cover art, graphics, menus, exercise names, editing, voice overlays and footage displayed and heard. Despite joint, vocal and written communication by Romana’s Pilates®, Gratz Pilates and Basil Belcher, the production company (Alternative Scenario, LLC) decided to sell these products without express approval. This is a troubling situation to be involved with and we continue to explore legal remedies available to us regarding all of this. We also wish to thank Gratz Pilates and Basil Belcher specifically for legal efforts they undertook at great cost and effort. We were also recently informed that in some cases individuals who are processing and fulfilling orders for said video product requested customers make their checks payable to Romana’s Pilates, which were subsequently cleared. As a result, we believe strong likelihood exists that confusion is being caused by focusing on the question of whether the purchasing public will mistakenly assume that the applicant's goods originate from the same source as, or are associated with, the goods associated with our registered service mark “Romana’s Pilates®”. There are many legal reasons to support this point of view in US trademark law, including:

1. The similarity or dissimilarity of the marks in their entireties as to appearance, sound, connotation, and commercial impression.
2. The similarity or dissimilarity and nature of the goods . . . described in an application or registration or in connection with which a prior mark is in use.
3. The similarity or dissimilarity of established, likely-to-continue trade channels.
4. The conditions under which and buyers to whom sales are made, i.e. "impulse" vs. careful, sophisticated purchasing.
5. The number and nature of similar marks in use on similar goods.
6. The nature and extent of any actual confusion.
7. The market interface between the applicant and the owner of a prior mark . . . .
8. The extent to which applicant has a right to exclude others from use of its mark on its goods.
9. The extent of potential confusion . . . .

After reviewing postings in this very forum it is even clearer to us that such confusion is already taking place. Based on our experience regarding this matter our current opinion is that the activities detailed above do not represent good faith business practices or behavior. Additionally, no expectation can be currently made that any royalties or related remittances will ever be made to Romana Kryzanowska, Romana’s Pilates® and/or Gratz Pilates despite contractual obligations to do exactly that.

We recently completed related research regarding this matter and are currently communicating what we learned during these activities to those interested parties who may have purchased said video product. As a consumer it is important to note that you have rights and recourse via the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”), as well as dedicated state and local authorities. The FTC has made it easy for consumers to report a suspected fraud. The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit www.ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The line is staffed by counselors from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. The FTC enters fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad. In addition to the above, the FTC website also has links to numerous state and local authorities focused on similar complaint vehicles and enforcement remedies. When filing a complaint you also have recourse via jurisdictions managed by state and local authorities specific to where the organization you are dealing with is physically located and/or the product was shipped from.

In addition to any receipts, addresses or organizational information you received when making your purchase, should you require any additional documentation concerning this matter we are more than happy to assist you. All we ask is that you provide adequate documentation and a brief statement to support your purchase experience so that we can validate that you’ve been truly impacted by this matter as well as provide pertinent information to support any complaints you wish to submit to the appropriate authorities as an interested party. Attached to this posting includes some general information obtained during the course of our research, specifically the scanned image of the Pilates Style magazine advertisement. Due to file size constraints in this forum architecture we will add a secondary reply to this posting with additional information including but not limited to FTC consumer protection information, as well as valuable sample documentation and “how to” information obtained from state and local consumer protection authorities in the state of California. Although we do not possess a current address for the location at which such product orders are being processed or fulfilled, our understanding is that this is likely being carried out by Alternative Scenario, LLC in or near Los Angeles, California. Please don’t hesitate to contact us regarding this or other matters at anytime using (212) 765-2166 or service@romanaspilates.com. Thanks to all for your understanding and ongoing support, best regards.

Klery Fox

Attempted to attach more consumer trade pretection information to this posting, as discussed above. However, seems that size limitations will not allow this as the previously uploaded file detailing the advertisment for said video product filled up the allocated space for the overall thread. Should you desire to obtain additional FTC consumer protection information, as well as valuable sample documentation and “how to” information obtained from state and local consumer protection authorities in the state of California please contact us using (212) 765-2166 or service@romanaspilates.com and we will send it via email. Best regards.

Klery Fox

#47 gaile

gaile

• Moderators
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

With respect it would seem that this is your issue and not the forums.I would have thought if you are objecting to the sale of the dvds it was not a good idea to post the advert here on the forum but in any case if Romanas Pilates embarked on this project which could have been marvellous and was eagerly awaited by many on this forum it was your responsilbility to oversee every aspect of the making.Surely there were run throughs before the final filming which allowed changes to made and frankly even as a novice I would have ensured I had rights to the film that allowed the editing to be as I wished even if I had had to film it myself.Tom has put much time and energy to running this forum and we have always prided ourselves on behaving with respect to each other no matter what Pilates background we come from and no matter how much we disagree with an opinion expressed here.It does your organisation no credit to be seen behaving this way.
www.ultimate-pilates.co.uk

#48 Klery Fox

Klery Fox

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:57 PM

With respect it would seem that this is your issue and not the forums.I would have thought if you are objecting to the sale of the dvds it was not a good idea to post the advert here on the forum but in any case if Romanas Pilates embarked on this project which could have been marvellous and was eagerly awaited by many on this forum it was your responsilbility to oversee every aspect of the making.Surely there were run throughs before the final filming which allowed changes to made and frankly even as a novice I would have ensured I had rights to the film that allowed the editing to be as I wished even if I had had to film it myself.Tom has put much time and energy to running this forum and we have always prided ourselves on behaving with respect to each other no matter what Pilates background we come from and no matter how much we disagree with an opinion expressed here.It does your organisation no credit to be seen behaving this way.

So your point of view is that we should not be notifying affected or potential customers of the situation in a discussion forum titled Romana's Pilates Videos? That this has no place here and that somehow by posting this we are disrespecting the forum? If that is your point of view we’ll just have to agree to disagree I suppose. The reality here is that a video product was released for sale irregardless of our objections and contractual rights to prevent this from happening. Additionally, this is not a Romana's Pilates approved video product, is not branded under the name Romana's Pilates in its packaging, yet it is being discussed in a forum named Romana's Pilates Videos. It is also important to note, just because something is agreed to in a contract doesn't mean that the legal system is moving at the same speed to address any downstream injustice. As people in this forum have purchased said video product under potentially false pretenses as a result of misleading advertising and have since posted comments specifying their opinion of said video, they are interested parties by law. As a result, we are compelled to notify them all regarding the relevant facts involved. That is what this about. It is also why the advertisement was attached, so people know exactly how the product in question is being marketed. We want to assure that any folks out there who have or may be misled into purchasing the video product understand what has transpired and are aware of recourse available to them.

Klery Fox
Romana's Pilates, Business Manager

#49 Tom Floyd

Tom Floyd

• Administrators
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:21 PM

Actually, I appreciate Klery's effort to clarify the circumstances of the DVD's release. My whole underlying assumption was that it was a Romana's Pilates product. Very likely, if Alternative Scenario, LLC had attended to proper directorship and editing of the product, I would not have chosen the words I did.

But Klery, why were you not more aggressive in counter-marketing the DVDs? You could have placed a prominent notice on your web page saying that the DVDs bearing Romana's picture and name are not authorized by Romana's Pilates and do not exhibit the excellence that Romana's Pilates expects. Had I seen a notice such as that, I would have never purchased them, and the whole issue would have been moot, as far as this board is concerned.

Tom Floyd

#50 Klery Fox

Klery Fox

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:00 PM

Actually, I appreciate Klery's effort to clarify the circumstances of the DVD's release. My whole underlying assumption was that it was a Romana's Pilates product. Very likely, if Alternative Scenario, LLC had attended to proper directorship and editing of the product, I would not have chosen the words I did.

But Klery, why were you not more aggressive in counter-marketing the DVDs? You could have placed a prominent notice on your web page saying that the DVDs bearing Romana's picture and name are not authorized by Romana's Pilates and do not exhibit the excellence that Romana's Pilates expects. Had I seen a notice such as that, I would have never purchased them, and the whole issue would have been moot, as far as this board is concerned.

Excellent question. Alternative Scenario, LLC didn’t reach out and notofy us they were releasing the video like this or without the required approvals. It also appears they did not choose to market the video product outside of Pilates Style magazine so our automatic scans (which find and alert us when our trade name is used on the internet, news publications, press releases and so on) did not detect it. As a result, we weren’t aware this was going on before they began selling the product. What we’re talking about here is a couple of folks who are likely fulfilling orders out of their garage or a small facility, not exactly an easy type of transaction to know about or stop outright. Once we learned what was happening, our first instinct was to distribute a notification to as wide as an audience as possible but outside legal advisors requested that we hold our horses while they analyzed the situation. Once that was completed we began distributing the notification posted above to get the awareness out there. As we just discovered this forum yesterday, we posted it as soon as possible and where relevant to comments posted. I won’t get into the legalities of it all, but as a consumer you have a much faster path to recourse here than anyone because this can be enforced as a criminal act. We highly suggest that if you believe you were misled into purchasing this product under the guise that is was associated with Romana’s Pilates you should contact Alternative Scenario, request a return and / or file a consumer compliant if they do not comply.

Klery Fox
Romana’s Pilates, Business Manager

#51 Tom Floyd

Tom Floyd

• Administrators
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:55 PM

Klery, I will support that suggestion and recommend everyone who has the DVD set to do the same.

Tom

Tom Floyd

#52 pfiasca

pfiasca

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:19 PM

To Klery Fox,

I'm curious about two points, which could shed light upon several exchanges in the discussion board.

Are you Daria's Pace's husband?

Would you mind conveying some of your educational/training background and work experience within the Pilates profession prior to becoming the business manager of Romana's Pilates?

Thank you,

Peter Fiasca

#53 Tom Floyd

Tom Floyd

• Administrators
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

Klery accused me of failing to disclose my identity. I responded with full disclosure, providing him with every means possible of contact: physical address, phone, email. In an earlier post in this thread, I said:

I suspect you protest too much! You sound like an angry spouse supporting his wife. That wouldn't be the case, would it? If so, your emotion is understandable and expected.

Klery, you neither confirmed nor denied! Talk about full disclosure...

Tom Floyd

#54 PilatesTCI

PilatesTCI

Contributing Member

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:42 AM

Klery Fox

Well, Klery, wearing my Philosophy Professor hat I can say that responding to someone's review by calling them immature, questioning their integrity, and telling them that they will be shown up by someone else meets the definition of personal attack as I have taught it in many Critical Reasoning courses.

What I find to be very strange about this discussion is that first you came in and immediately attacked Tom's negative review of the DVD, and then shortly thereafter informed us that the DVD series being discussed was not approved by Romana's Pilates and that people should ask for a refund.

If the DVD series under discussion is not from your organization then what do you care about a negative review, since obviously you guys had some problems with this product as well? Or, as it now seems, were you just pissed off because Tom made a comment about Daria to which you felt compelled to respond?

#55 PilatesTCI

PilatesTCI

Contributing Member

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:52 AM

On a completely personal note, as someone who studied with the NY Pilates crew (Steve Giordano, Nancy Allison, Roberta, & Romana) back in the day I am just horrified by the tone of the Romana's Pilates organization posts on this entire forum. And since Klery posts as the Business Manager I take his posts as representative of the company.

The negativity and anger that comes through only reinforces my decision to separate myself from that whole group. Note that my posts here are from Lynda as Lynda. I don't post here on behalf of PhysicalMind or of any organization with whom I work. If you don't like what I have to say feel free not to listen.

But Klery's posts are signed as business manager of a major international Pilates training organization! Where are the PR skills?

#56 Tom Floyd

Tom Floyd

• Administrators
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:31 PM

I'm afraid I accepted Klery's explanation too quickly. I was motivated to find common ground.

I would love to hear someone from Alternative Scenario, LLC give their side of the story. They, too, won't be thrilled by my review of the DVD set, but maybe they can explain why they released the video with the obvious defects. I could speculate and dream up scenarios where RP defaulted on their side of the deal (or were impossibly difficult to work with), and Alternative Scenario released the video as-is in an attempt to recoup lost revenue. But I'll restrain myself. Maybe someone in the know will tell the story...

Tom

Tom Floyd

#57 G27MD

G27MD

Contributing Member

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:24 AM

I'd be interested in knowing Romana's role in Romana's Pilates. Does Romana own and control Romana's Pilates? Is "Romana's Pilate" someone else's business? If so, who? What's the deal here?

I'm pretty much mystified by the current information and discussion concerning her organization, its products, its structure, which I've read here and on the R.P. web site, making me wonder how much Romana actually has to do with it all.

Perhaps, since some of the R.P. principals are involved in this discussion, they, or others who are informed about these matters, could clear things up.

I'm concerned about this because it's confusing to me and may be confusing to others interested in Pilates. I'm just a Pilates student, but a serious one, having studied for three years with a teacher certified by "Authentic Pilates," who has studied with Romana, and who describes the current state of affairs in New York in terms somewhat different from those used to describe things in Texas, where Romana now lives and teaches. It makes me wonder who might be in charge in New York, if it isn't Romana.

Sorry for my confusion, but this seems to me to be a mess...

Thanks for any clarification.

Jim

#58 Tom Floyd

Tom Floyd

• Administrators
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:39 AM

Exactly, Jim. To add to your request for information, I would like to know who, specifically, holds the controlling shares of Romana's Pilates. I'm guessing it's not Romana.

Tom Floyd

#59 Klery Fox

Klery Fox

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:30 AM

To Klery Fox,

I'm curious about two points, which could shed light upon several exchanges in the discussion board.

Are you Daria's Pace's husband?

Would you mind conveying some of your educational/training background and work experience within the Pilates profession prior to becoming the business manager of Romana's Pilates?

Thank you,

Peter Fiasca

Yes, I am Daria's husband, Sari's son-in-law and Romana's grandson-in-law. My background is Management Consulting to Fortune 500 companies, am not a Pilates trainer. As such, I rely on Romana, Sari, Daria to answer any Pilates specifics and they have formally authorized me to act on behalf of their entity as Business Manager.

#60 Klery Fox

Klery Fox

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

I'd be interested in knowing Romana's role in Romana's Pilates. Does Romana own and control Romana's Pilates? Is "Romana's Pilate" someone else's business? If so, who? What's the deal here?

I'm pretty much mystified by the current information and discussion concerning her organization, its products, its structure, which I've read here and on the R.P. web site, making me wonder how much Romana actually has to do with it all.

Perhaps, since some of the R.P. principals are involved in this discussion, they, or others who are informed about these matters, could clear things up.

I'm concerned about this because it's confusing to me and may be confusing to others interested in Pilates. I'm just a Pilates student, but a serious one, having studied for three years with a teacher certified by "Authentic Pilates," who has studied with Romana, and who describes the current state of affairs in New York in terms somewhat different from those used to describe things in Texas, where Romana now lives and teaches. It makes me wonder who might be in charge in New York, if it isn't Romana.

Sorry for my confusion, but this seems to me to be a mess...

Thanks for any clarification.
Jim

Romana's Pilates, LLC is a partnership, Romana is majority owner and thought leader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users