• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 a16s

a16s

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

hi,

I am new to this website. Also new to pilates.From almost 6 years, I have a pain in my leg. And many doctors checked and confirmed there is nothing. Then my family doctor suggested to learn Pilates. I couldn't find time during these years. But now I decided to learn it.
I do yoga everyday for 45 mins from past 5 years.
Yesterday was my first group class in Pilates. The instructor said he is currently working on REP excercises. And I have this class only 1 a week (tight budget). I love doing these excercise at home. But couldn't understand where to start?.

Can anybody suggest me how to start the PILATES at home. So I learn new excercises at the class.

Thanks,
S

#2 Pilates Core

Pilates Core

• Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

You can try buying some DVDs to do at home, but really, there is no way to REALLY learn Pilates except one-on-one in a fully equipped studio (reformer, cadillac, chair, barrels, etc) with a certified instructor. Still, though, DVDs are better than nothing!

#3 gaile

gaile

• Moderators
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

I have never heard of REP exercises but try looking at Brokke Silers book or Alycea Ungaros book Pilates body in motion both are good home study guides if its not available to you to have a private session.Also question your instructor as to what style of Pilates he is teaching and what he suggests you do at home.I am always happy to give my students homework

www.ultimate-pilates.co.uk

#4 Pilates Core

Pilates Core

• Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:49 AM

Yeah, I forgot to add, I've never heard of REP exercises either.

I do tend to prefer videos to books, though. At least a video will offer some cueing, whereas with a book it can't remind you to keep your shoulders down, abs scooped, etc.

#5 aim11

aim11

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:00 AM

With Reference to the REP exercises - are you based in the UK? I can only assume your instructor is talking about being REPS accredited?

#6 MathiasBlad

MathiasBlad

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

Or maybe PREP exercises?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users