6 replies to this topic

#1 Carole Amend

Carole Amend

• StudioBasic
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:29 AM

Hi everyone,

This deserves its own topic.

I am overwhelmed at the generosity of Tom Floyd for hosting the AASI Online forum. You simply can't imagine what it means to me to have a place to hold the kinds of conversations that I have only dreamed of until now.

I love pilates. It is an incredible phenomenon. And there is a special place in my heart for all who share my passion. What Tom and all the readers and participants on the Pilates Connections Discussion Forum have accomplished is amazing.

It has been a long road that has led me here. Tom began this forum years ago around the time when I began AASI. I only found the PCDB sometime last year, and at that time I had no idea how to navigate it! Now, it seems so simple. I can only think that I found you all at just the right time.

Thank you, thank you, Tom.
Have a great Monday, everyone!

Yours truly,

PCDB Blog

Studio: Bodies Mind® Studio, Mill Valley, CA (formerly Poplar Street Studio; new website coming soon)

Program: Bodies Mind® website (Relaunch and info on Bodies Mind® Academy coming soon)

Cooperative: AIM Academy for Somatic Integration website (now a project of Bodies MInd®)

#2 Tom Floyd

Tom Floyd

• Administrators
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:17 AM

You're welcome, Carole. And thank you for your terrific participation on the board.

To explain, Carole approached me for advice as to how to set up her own discussion board. I offered to help, but also warned her that it is a significant undertaking. You need to have a plan for dealing with spammers, etc. So, one thing led to another, and I offered her a subforum to pursue her own agenda.

Others may want to ask "how can I get my own subforum?" I will be happy to do the same for others, but here are the steps:

1) Become a participating member on the existing forums.

2) Provide meaningful content, and write well.

3) Demonstrate that you can handle disagreements without anger or slamming others.

4) Contact me via email or Personal Message and tell me what you would do with your own subforum.

5) Once I'm confident that the plan is good, I will be happy to set you up.

Tom Floyd

#3 Carole Amend

Carole Amend

• StudioBasic
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

Well, we just passed the first anniversary of the AIM Academy Forum! I just made the following comment on the Yoga and Licensing: Parallels to Pilates? thread that really sums up my intention for this forum:

"I hope this helps to bring to light the importance of continuing to discuss technical issues and also the importance of understanding legislative ones. In the meantime, I am keeping the faith because I know that pilates does way more good than harm."

I'd like to thank all for reading and I especially want to thank those who also participated in these topics. I so appreciate the feedback and support.
Best Wishes,
Carole : )

Edited by Carole Amend, 18 June 2011 - 01:21 PM.

PCDB Blog

Studio: Bodies Mind® Studio, Mill Valley, CA (formerly Poplar Street Studio; new website coming soon)

Program: Bodies Mind® website (Relaunch and info on Bodies Mind® Academy coming soon)

Cooperative: AIM Academy for Somatic Integration website (now a project of Bodies MInd®)

#4 banana

banana

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

On the subject of gratitude, I would like to personally thank all of you who contribute to these forums, especially Carole. Due to current circumstances, I find myself relying on the PCDB for many of my mentoring/learning needs. Us newbies may not participate very much in discussions but you can be sure that we are watching, listening and learning and very very grateful. I hope that in the future I too will be able to contribute knowledgeably (and from personal experience)to these forums.
Thank you.

#5 PilatesTCI

PilatesTCI

Contributing Member

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

I would also like to express my gratitude to Tom and everyone on this board. I have made great new connections here as well as found old friends. It is nice to have a place to ask questions, voice frustrations, and have a group that encompasses all lineages.

Thank you!

#6 ol-rocker

ol-rocker

Contributing Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

Just want to echo the other sentiments of gratitude. It has been wonderful to find this board as a resource from the standpoint of educating myself as a consumer. Thank you!

#7 Carole Amend

Carole Amend

• StudioBasic
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hi all,

It's hard to believe that we just passed the second anniversary of the AIM Academy Forum.

The AIM Academy Forum began on June 8, 2009. I am so grateful to Tom Floyd and the PCDB team for allowing me the opportunity to share information concerning the professionalization process in an effort to enhance communication between perspectives and disciplines. It began as a guest subforum of the Trainers' Discussion Forum, then moved to be a guest forum under the Spotlight Forum, moved again to be under the Pilates Discussion Forum, and now, finally, it has reached its resting spot in the Archives Forum.

This forum has, for me, been an enriching and empowering discovery process. I hope the topics and discussions continue to be a source of information and inspiration. These discussions will, no doubt, continue; communication is a process.

I wholeheartedly thank the PCDB administrators and moderators for their support and insights: bokfukata, gaile, lizzie, Pilates Core, reinbeau, and Tom Floyd.

Many thanks to all the readers, especially the following who participated in the discussions:

banana Big Calm bokfukata cberube CRobbins danaspilates DancingPilatesMama Edgar fitdiva2007 floatingbones gaile Geniusall gojo jprice LAville lizzie LouiseT luann Michele B. ol-rocker Oriane pilates07 Pilates Core PilatesHB PilatesSpaceFlorida PilatesTCI reinbeau Siri Galliano SK3000 Sleeping Turtle taowave Tom Floyd Vicki Koutalianou

Your feedback and support has been invaluable, and I wish you all the very best on your pilates journeys.

To your health and happiness,
As always…make it a great day!
Cheers,
Carole : )

June 21, 2011

Carole's Blog: Riding the Dynamic Wave

P.S. One technical note: Outbound links in the forum will work, however, since the forum has been moved to the Archives, any prior link to an AIM Academy Forum post will no longer direct properly.

PCDB Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users